Corporate Social Responsibility
We see corporate social responsibility (CSR) as an essential part of our business activities and consistent with being a responsible organisation.
The Gamuda Group sees corporate social responsibility (CSR) as an important part of our business activities and consistent with being a responsible organisation. Caring for our communities, protecting the environment, and taking care of the welfare of our employees and business partners while delivering our commitments to our customers, are in harmony with our values. Balanced economic growth, environmental protection, and social progress can be achieved with the right efforts.
The various elements of our CSR programmes fall in 3 main areas.
|Quality, Safety & Health, and Environment (QSHE)||Human Capital Development||Community and Social Development|
Some of the major achievements accomplished include:
- The New Doha International Airport team celebrated its 25 million ‘Man-hours without a Lost Time Incident’ in January 2011
- Upgrading of our Quality Management System to ISO 9001:2008 standard requirements
- Implementation of the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) for the Group and all new projects
- Application of the Environmental Management System in compliance with ISO 14001:2004 requirements at our head office, the Electrified Double Track Project (Ipoh - Padang Besar), Yen So Park Development and the New Doha International Airport
- Safety & Health Management System implemented in compliance with OHSAS 18001:2007
- First contractor in Qatar to receive a public citation from our client for exemplary project completion for Dukhan Highway, Qatar
- Human Capital Development programmes for the community and employees
- Gamuda Plant Operator School achieved a record milestone of having trained more than 35,000 plant and heavy machinery operators for the construction industry